Sunday, August 19, 2007

What is a MIRACLE?

In my leisure time, I was thinking about a newspaper article that I read some time back. The article was about a person who was alive even after he was hit by a bullet in his brain. Not exactly sure of how he survived but from what little I understood from the article, it meant that the bullet entered only those 'parts' of brain which would not affect much even if destroyed. Then, I thought about another article, which said that a 56 year old German lady was found to have a pencil in her brain, which she inserted deep into her ear when she was 4, cried with the pain then, and totally forgot about it. It was accidentally found when she went to see a doc for a checkup for some other reason and she did not even realise the presense of the pencil in her brain till then.

Then I was thinking that there could be so many such miracles in this world. Then I was thinking what could be the definition of miracle. Finally, I concluded that "Miracle is a highly coincidental simultaneous occurance of multiple least probable events"

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Manju said...

What crap!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Aditya said...

your last sentence has some redundant words.
"coincidental simulatanoeus occurences" could have been shortened to "coincidental occurences" or just "simultaneous occurences"

10:22 AM  
Blogger manraj said...

If that is how you define Miracle, then only "many Miracles" should happen to see our nations socio-economical-political problems solved and put to rest, to see our cricket team in past glory. Because these are like you said "Least Probably Events" that can happen. Just my thoughts...no offence to anybody.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Ashok said...

This happens Ram, as you said least probability. Watch AXN; we'll be amazed.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good one yaar...pencil in the brain..that sounds scary to me...

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home