Thursday, September 25, 2008

Alaipayudhe Kanna....

alaipAyudhE kaNNA en manam miga alaipAyudhE

aanandha moagana vaeNu gaanamadhil

My mind is all aflutter, Oh Krishna, listening to the joyous, enchanting music of your flute, My mind is all aflutter!

alaipaayudhae kaNNaa en manam alaipaayudhae
un aanandha moagana vaeNu gaanamadhil
alaipaayudhae kaNNaa aaaa

My mind is all aflutter, Oh Krishna, listening to the joyous, enchanting music of your flute, My mind is all aflutter!

nilai peyarAdhu oru silai pOlavE ninra
nEramAvAdhariyAamalE miga vinOdhamAna muraLIdharA en manam (alaipAyudhE)

Transfixed, I stood there like a statue, oblivious of even the passage of time, hey, mysterious flautist!

theLindha nilavu paTTappagal pOl theriyudhE - un
thikkainOkki en irupuruvam neriyudhE
kanindha un vENu gAnam kAtril varugudhE
kaNgaL sorugi oru vidhamAi varugudhE

In this clear moonlight (that makes a day of the night), I strain my eyebrows hard and look in your direction, the mellow tunes of your flute come floating in the breeze... my eyes feel drowsy and a new feeling sweeps my being

kadhiththa manaththil uruththi padhaththai
enakku theLitthu magizhththa vA

Come! Mould my tender heart, make it full and fill me with joy!


oru thanittha vanatthil aNaitthu
enakku unarchchi koduththu mughizhththa vA

Come! Take me to a lonely grove and fill me with the emotions of ecstatic union!


karaikadal alayinil kadhiravan oLiyena
inaiyiru kazhalena kaLiththavA

You are the one who danced and made merry on the sun-bathed waves of the ocean!


kadhari manamuruga nAn azhaikkavO ?
idhara mAdharudan nI kaLikkavO ?

Am I to go on pleading for you with melting heart, While you are enjoying yourself with other women?


idhu thagumO? idhu muraiyO? idhu dharumam thAnO?
kuzhaloodhidum pozhudu Adidum kuzhaigaL pOlavE
manadhu vEdhanai migavodu (alaipAyudhE)

Is it right? Is it proper? Is it what dharma is? My heart dances even like your eardrops do when you blissfully play the flute! (My sad heart is all aflutter)


Thanks to Srinidhi Gopal for translation...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home